Saturday, June 17, 2006

Running update for 6/18

So here I am...18 weeks until the Chicago Marathon and the official training plan is starting. I'm still a bit nervous, but am excited that I got to meet a bunch of fellow Chicago runners last night at the first CRU beer meetup :) See my "normal" blog for more info. It's good to know there are some people I can go to if I have questions. Anyway, running went well this week. I drove down to Evanston to run along the lake this evening hoping it would be cooler. It was still 91 degrees when I started, but all went well and I was able to get in a nice six miles which is what I was hoping for.

Tuesday - 3.08 miles smith st to nw highway to quentin
Wednesday - 3.08 miles smith st to nw highway to quentin
Thursday - 2.88 miles neighborhood run in palatine
Saturday - 6.08 miles around evanston and by the lake

Total: 15.12 miles

4 Comments:

Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Looks like you are off to a good start for marathon prep.

Have you ever thought about running in the morning?  It's cooler out, and there are fewer yahoos out on the trails.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

I'm doing morning runs this week since I have things going on in the evenings, but I'm really so not a morning person :) I think I'll stick to evenings unless it's super hot outside.

7:27 AM  
Blogger LeahC said...

frank-

i was way not into the early morning runs last year...until I got stuck out on the lakefront path in 90 degree weather in the middle of a 10 mile run.

It doesn't take too much time to get used to it and I would suggest it for your longer runs. Jason and I would be out the door by like 6am...but what's really awesome about running so early, is you are usually done by like 9am....which is before most people are out of bed :-)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Yeah, it is nice being done early, but in 26 years I haven't been able to get used to getting up early for anything :) We'll see. When it gets really really hot, I may have no choice.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home