Saturday, August 12, 2006

a pause in the running...

So as many of you know, I hurt my heel last week. Lots of stupid things put together added up to a painful experience. My shoes were approaching end of life and ran on them anyways, I added 15% to the mileage and swapped two weeks of the training because I knew the next weekend would be busy with a friend in town, and I ran a little faster than normal because it was getting hot outside and I wanted to finish before it got *really* hot.

In the end, it hurt, and hurt badly. I saw the doctor yesterday and he labeled it a "contusion" although he wouldn't rule out the slight possiblity that it was the start of a stress fracture even though he couldn't see anything on the x-rays. In any case, I took the week off of running and probably need another two weeks off. So sadly, no CDC for me this weekend :( But I think I'm going to use that free 1 month bally's membership that came with Race to the Taste and get in some pool running these next two weeks combined with some good bike time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Aww. :( I'm sorry you're in pain, Frank. Definitely hit the pool...hang in there, buddy. Rest up and recovery well!!!!!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

I'm sorry to hear about your injury.  It's too bad you had to miss the CDC, and that you have to take a running pause.  I hope you recover soon!

Hope you are able to make the best of a bad situation.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Thanks guys! It's actually feeling much much better now. I think it was just some weird muscle thing and a few days rest with lots of stretching have really helped it.

I'm going to talk to my doctor in a few days and if it's all feeling better, I still think I might be able to get in an easy 5 miles at the Run Hit Remix Thursday evening.

9:48 AM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

So sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the pool!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home