Wednesday, September 27, 2006

playing with nike+

So I've been playing a bit with my new toys tonight as a break before getting back to work. And I have to say that the Nike+ system is pretty darn awesome. I ran a mile warmup, then trained the system using a mile run on the track down the street, and then took a nice 3 1/2 mile run to finish things up. It's just so cool to see your pace as you're running and not have to worry about GPS coverage like with the garmin. I'm so glad I went this way instead of getting the garmin! Oh, and in case you were wondering about accuracy, it was within 2% for the mile after the training run, so that's pretty darn good!


And possibly the coolest part....the graphs!!! :) Yes, I'm an engineer ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

VERY nice...but I am a little skeptal right now until it's perfected.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

What's wrong with it? I think it's pretty perfect. 2% accuracy, seamless integration with the ipod/itunes and automatic upload to nike. Seems pretty perfect to me!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home