Sunday, October 08, 2006

taper funness...

So the taper continues! It's been nice to start to get a little more free time in my life with some shorter runs this week. The mid-week long run was down to 8 miles and today was a beautiful 12 along the lakefront path on a rare 74 degree October day in Chicago! That'll probably be my last lakefront run until next spring. It's just so amazing to me that I can run 12 miles with almost no thought to it at all. Just about a year ago I decided to run the marathon this year. At that time running 3 miles was a stretch for me. I didn't run much over the winter and by the beginning of April, 5 was still a stretch. Now I can go out on a random sunday afternoon and knock out 12 without getting tired and with no pain at all. It's just so amazing what some training can do!!

Two weeks until the marathon!!

1 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Enjoy the taper.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home