Sunday, August 24, 2008

Palatine 3k

This will be a short race report for a short race :) Every year as a part of our little neighborhood "street fest" in Palatine, they have a 3k race. Now 3k is barely worth putting on a good pair of running shoes, but I use it as a nice warm-up for a longer run later in the day. And it goes right past my front door, so how I could turn that down!!

Anyway, I decided that I was going to give it all I had and really run through it. I mean, it's only 3k. So I line up right behind a bunch of high school cross country kids that I know I can't beat and try to stay up towards the front for most of the race. They ended up a few blocks ahead of me, but I kept going strong and didn't let up. As I turned the corner towards the finish I saw the clock at 13:20 and was a bit shocked. I kicked it up a bit and finished in 13:50, which is a 7:25 pace! My fastest race to date!

It's also really nice to walk to the start of the race and leave home 15 minutes before the gun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home